Summary of Benefits
Local Government Corporation is pleased to offer a very generous benefits package to our employees. These benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance with LGC paying 80% of the monthly premium. LGC also provides at no cost to its employees, Life, Dependent Life, AD&D, and Long Term Disability Insurance. In addition, after one year of employment, LGC will contribute 3% of an employee’s base salary into a retirement account, and match up to an additional 3%. Employees enjoy 12 holidays throughout the year and accumulate annual and sick leave beginning at a rate of 1 day per month.
Job Title: Technical Services Representative
Reports To: Technical Services Manager
- Will provide hardware and technical support to LGC customers in Tennessee.
- Work will primarily be assigned to the Cookeville/Crossville TN customer base.
- Will work independently.
- Provide training to new employees.
- Provide timely solutions to customer problems.
- Provide on site or phone support in other areas where needed.
- Mentor other hardware reps including assistance with scheduling and providing specialized training.
- Manage satellite office in their region for neatness, equipment deployment, etc.
- Equipment installation including cable, software, configuration, and customer training.
- Maintain excellent customer relations.
- Look for opportunities to market LGC products and services.
- Conduct preventative hardware maintenance in customer sites.
- Keep accurate records and submit appropriate paperwork.
- Extensive knowledge in computers – Troubleshooting, Assembly, Repair.
- Knowledge or hardware components – their function and purpose.
- Extensive knowledge in the following: Configurations, operating systems, connectivity, and network setup.
- Background in building, troubleshooting, and repairing computers and computer related equipment.
- Interpersonal and communication skills are needed for customer interaction.
- Highly motivated and detailed.
- Must be a person of integrity.
- Organizational skills needed with the ability to prioritize.
- Analytical thinking with the ability to offer solutions for complex problems.
- Ability to use good/safe judgement with extensive travel time.
These job tasks may be modified by the employer based upon company needs. Employee may be required to perform functions beyond those mentioned in this job description. Local Government Corporation is an at-will employer which means you may be discharged with or without cause, and with or without prior notice at any time.